There's only a month-and-a-half until the Mid-Term Elections, so now is a good time to review how things are going under our current government...A government dominated by President Obama.
1. Our economy tanked in 2007-08, and we haven't recovered. The bleeding may have been halted, but no one can reasonably say the economy has recovered - let alone claim it has taken off as usually happens after recessions.
2. President Obama was supposed to be a transcending leader when it came to race relations, but he has only made matters worse...And I'm not just talking about 'black & white' problems. Just wait until Obama shows his preference for Hispanics over blacks.
3. Speaking of Hispanics, it's almost beyond belief that Obama is going to grant amnesty to who-knows-how-many illegals though Executive Order. He can complain all he wants about Republicans in the House not passing a bill to grant amnesty, but in our system laws are supposed to come from the rough and tumble process of going through Congress and being signed by the President...Obama doesn't know how to make deals and thinks he's 'The Man' so he doesn't have to deal with Republicans. The result will be terrible for our economy, social services, health and education systems, and the battle between Hispanics and blacks for primary minority status will be brutal going forward. Here's betting blacks fall even further, because Hispanics will be the new preferred minority - they will be a much larger Democrat voting block than blacks.
4. Our National Debt was around $5 trillion in 2000 - Today it is over $17.7 trillion...Obviously this is an unsustainable level of increase. Especially since it is over 100% of our yearly GDP.
5. Obamacare is proving to be a complete mess. Many more Americans have been hurt by the changes than have been helped, and most of the coming pain has been held back because Obama hasn't allowed the law to be fully put in to place...At some point it will be, and many millions of Americans will be crushed by the new costs of their plans. Millions more will either lose their job, or won't be able to find a job, because employers can't afford to hire them due to the cost of Obamacare.
6. 146 million Americans have jobs (Full or Part time) - there are 318 million people in the U.S. In 2000 153 million Americans had jobs - there were around 281 million people in the U.S...So, 7 million LESS Americas have jobs now, even though there are 37 million more people. Forget 'official' Unemployment Rates, these numbers are awful. And they most likely prove the 'official' numbers are a propaganda ploy to keep the people from rushing the streets with pitchforks.
7. Global Warming hasn't occurred since 1998, yet the Left continues to insist on forcing 'Green' junk and regulations down our throat. Obama and the Democrats love these 'Greenies' because they throw around massive amounts of 'green' ($$$$) to those who support their insanity...As a result the American economy suffers - their actual goal in the first place.
8-11. Arab Spring = Jihadi Nightmare
8. "I am very optimistic about - about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration." - V.P. Joe Biden (2010) Maybe not, Joe...Iraq is as big a mess as it's ever been. We can debate about why it is so (blame Bush for taking out Hussein or blame Obama for leaving Iraq dry of U.S. troops - or be honest and accept these people are just maniacs), but we can't debate it is on fire, and gets more combustible by the day.
9. Syria has been a hell hole for awhile, but things really fell apart when Obama made gestures of helping the supposed 'good Jihadis' and then decided not to. Not only did he make it impossible for them to overthrow Assad, but he encouraged them to either give up and go home or to join more radical groups - such as the Islamic State goons...As a result we have the creation of a Jihadi lunatic asylum claiming to be the new Caliphate - and the least of our problems is them beheading our reporters. They will continue to grow because they are proving to be the 'Strong Horse' in Mesopotamia and the Levant, which make them very attractive to the millions of Jihadis looking for a home.
10. Like the Middle East, North Africa is on fire. The overthrow of the 'bad dictators' in Egypt and Libya has led to even worse problems, and the entire region is bleeding. Just wait until the Jihadis take their fun south, and start rampaging through the Sahel. Talk about a blood bath...Not that most Americans have any idea what the Sahel is, or care what happens in Africa (north or south) - they will in due time.
11. South Asia is at a tipping point. Pakistan is a constant wild card, barely avoiding becoming a failed state (with nukes and pretty good missiles). India has a new leader who hasn't put up with Muslim BS in the past. Afghanistan will likely become Asia's version of Iraq, Syria, Libya and Somalia if Obama follows through on his promise of abandoning the region at the end of 2014.
12. Obama may have had a good one-liner about Romney living in the 80's, but Russia is proving to be exactly the geopolitical threat Mitt said it would be...Personally, I'd let Putin have the Ukrainian basket case in exchange for some help against the Jihadi's but that's me. Oh, and the leaves are turning colors, which means it's about to get pretty cold. The Euros have allowed themselves to be tied to Russian gas, and will not be allowed to forget it if they push Vlad too hard.
13. China is China. They don't just own a bunch of our debt and have a massive production base challenging our economic domination, they are also spoilers. They let the world catch fire and stay ablaze (Jihadis, Ruskies, etc.), and don't do much to hinder or help these problems - as long as the problems stay out of China...China is amoral, and takes care of China; damn the rest of of the world...Oh, and they play the long game, watching the U.S. and Europe decay from within and out.
14. Iran is still spinning towards nukes. But they are our ally against the Islamic State - yet still our enemy against Assad in Syria? What kind of nut case in the Obama Administration decided to make the 'Enemy of our Enemy our Frenemy?'...There is no way this can end up well. Not that Iran is the only one we can't trust against IS.
15. #'s 8-14 are related to countries which challenge America, yet we have decided we are going to draw down our troop levels and military strength. Obama has also decided we don't need as many nukes as we have...Speaking of Obama; he ordered the killing of Bin Laden but otherwise is proving to be the worst Commander-in-Chief since - ANYONE! He is worse than Jimmy Carter, an impossibility in the eyes of many, but a bar he's managed to jump. "We don't have a strategy yet." - Obama (regarding IS). He lies about everything else, yet he had to tell this truth to the world. It's bad enough HE had no strategy, but saying it is incredible. Even worse, I'm certain the Pentagon does have a legitimate strategy - but he has no interest in their plans.
16. Our allies are SHOCKED at our ineptitude. Europe is quaking at the thought of having to rearm to defend themselves. Japan seems more than willing to rearm to defend themselves - another can of worms. Israel knows it is alone. The Philippines, Vietnam, and anyone else in China's path are freaking out. The Saudis and Jordanians are looking for a new protector - Russia or China...The result of all this distrust will be a massive arming of the countries who doubt American leadership - arming which will possibly lead some to get nukes themselves (Saudi and Japan, in particular)
Year after year, the President gives a State of the Union Address, and year after year he says our 'Union is strong.'
Everyone knows he's lying, and the U.S. continues to be in a downward spiral...It's not all Obama's fault, but he surely isn't making matters better - he's making them worse.
I realize Obama is the 'smartest' and 'greatest' leader we've ever had, but most of America knows he's not up to the challenge of leading our country out of its current mess - domestically or in foreign policy (even those who fawned over and voted for him).
So the question becomes, do we have a leader in the future who can pull America out of it's current situation? Hillary? Hahahaha! Anyone on the Republican side? I'm not so sure.
Time will tell...I just hope it happens in my lifetime.