CONSERVATIVE QUOTE: "The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses." - Albert Einstein
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Sen. Max Baucus (D - Montana)
"We aren't going to cover undocumented workers because that's too politically explosive."
- Commenting about the Democrat health care plan being created.
**This statement seems so simple, but it's not, and Baucus knows it's not.
1. They supposedly won't be covering illegal immigrants, because it's "too politically explosive."...Not because it's wrong, but because politics trumps all.
2. Quit calling illegals "undocumented workers."...Some work, some don't, but those who are "undocumented" shouldn't be here at all.
3. If the Democrats get their universal health care plan passed, the horse will be out of the barn as soon as Obama signs it...The bill may say one thing, but the reality is once it is put into play it will be run by government bureaucrats at many different levels; levels which haven't proven reliable when it comes to illegal immigrants.
Just think about all the various welfare programs right now, which supposedly aren't for illegals yet are tapped into by illegals. Does anyone really believe city, state, or even the federal regulators in charge of running this plan will have the nerve to deny illegals? Not a chance. To use Baucus' phrase, it would be "too politically explosive" to do so.
4. Any hospital or doctors office which has contracts with Medicaid/Medicare or the Department of Health Services is held to EMTALA rules (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, which applies to all patients, not just Medicaid, etc., patients). Meaning, every hospital and just about every doctor's office...The basic premise of EMTALA is: "no patient who presents with an emergency medical condition and who is unable to pay may be treated differently than patients who are covered by health insurance." - http://www.emtala.com/faq.htm
As a manager for a large physician's clinic, I can tell you no one wants to determine what is or isn't emergent. If a patient shows up with an illness at my office we treat them, out of fear of lawsuits and government regulation. Hospitals have it much worse, because they are almost entirely at the whim of government entities/payers, and NEVER turn away a patient who shows up at the emergency room out of fear of lawsuits and government regulation...Are you getting it yet?
Illegal aliens know they can go to an emergency room, for any reason and take full advantage of the fact they won't be turned away for multiple reasons...The Democrats have no intention of changing EMTALA provisions, and know perfectly well their proposed health care plan will cover illegal aliens.
5. Don't get me started on 'community health centers' and 'sanctuary cities,' which completely ignore any rules of any kind when it comes to illegal aliens.**
"I think we can change people's behavior...About everything we do around here is government intrusion in people's lives."
- Commenting on the government's desire to"coerce people out of their cars."
**I'm not sure if Lahood meant to be so direct in his statement, but he's admitting the government is going to force people to buy smaller, 'eco-cars.'
I've thoroughly read the U.S. Constitution, but I've never read the part which describes the government's roll in 'coercing' or 'intruding' into the lives of the American people. In fact, my understanding of the U.S. Constitution is the government is expected to 'coerce' and 'intrude' on the lives of the American people as little as possible...Maybe this is why Obama picked a Constitutional revisionist for the open SCOTUS position instead of an originalist like Pero, though.**
"If the gas tax reduces dependence on foreign oil and changes the foreign political dependency immediately, why not be for it, right now?"
**Last I checked, gas prices across the country are going up; over $2.25/gallon here in Phoenix...Only a fool would doubt they'll continue to climb, and only an even bigger fool would doubt the increased cost of gas is going to hurt our already struggling economy. Many people will suffer, and many businesses will feel the pain of people not having money to spend on their products because they are paying more to get their kids to school/daycare and to get themselves to work.
A gas tax would only add to this problem...Duh!!
Also, if we are so concerned with lessening our dependence on foreign oil (which we should be), then why don't we increase our domestic drilling capabilities? Hmmm??
“The decisions that were made over the last eight years established an ad hoc legal approach for fighting terrorism that was neither effective nor sustainable.”
**1. The American homeland and its vital interests haven't been hit since 9/11/01, though there were many plans and thwarted attempts to do so...So, the statement that Bush's approach to fighting terrorism wasn't "effective" is an out-and-out lie.
Results determine what is "effective," not pipe dreams, and Bush's results when it comes to terrorism in the U.S. after 9/11 were PERFECT!! A 100% success.
2. Bush's approach to fighting terrorism is absolutely "sustainable," but it requires political will and a certain amount of testicular fortitude to stand up to the Leftwing, pacifist nutters in this country...Sustainability is determined by will, and our current Commander-in-Chief simply doesn't have the will to do whatever it takes to protect the American people.
I honestly hope I am wrong on these matters, though I'm very afraid I am not...Only time will tell if Obama's bet on all of our lives pays off; hopefully it won't end in a horrifically sad story.**
"Elvis the white nigger, ate Burger King and just kept getting bigger."
- Opening line from a poem Bonor wrote about Elvis Pressley.
**Uhhhhhhhh. I'm not even sure what to say about this ridiculous piece of garbage. I do know only a Liberal could get away with such vile crap; especially with his poetic license in the use of racist terms...And he'll probably receive praise for it for one reason or another from similar POS's on the Left.
Let me take a stab at a poem:
"Bono the boner, writes poetry like a 'Gaelic chicken' or a crack-headed stoner." - Pero
Damn, that's pretty good...Well, it's good compared to the poetic dreck Bonor produced.**
"My criticism of the manner in which the Bush Administration did not appropriately inform Congress is separate from my respect for those in the intelligence community who work to keep our country safe."
- Comment after challenging the CIA and calling them liars, doing a double-take knowing she's caught in a web of her own lies.
**Poor Nancy. She's handling this issue terribly...I really feel bad for her, so I'm not going to comment on the matter. I'll leave it to someone else to comment:
“She can’t win either way. She’s either got to say to you: ‘Ya know, I didn’t understand.’ In which case she thinks she’s stupid. Or, in fact, she didn’t want to understand; in which case she’s frankly, pretty dishonest. Now I think that’s a pretty weak background for a Speaker to say: ‘Should I take the stupid defense or the dishonest defense?’ Which one do you think works better?" "I think she has lied to the House, and I think that the House has an absolute obligation to open an inquiry, and I hope there will be a resolution to investigate her. And I think this is a big deal. I don't think the Speaker of the House can lie to the country on national security matters...I think this is the most despicable, dishonest and vicious political effort I've seen in my lifetime...She is a trivial politician, viciously using partisanship for the narrowest of purposes, and she dishonors the Congress by her behavior...Speaker Pelosi's the big loser, because she either comes across as incompetent, or dishonest. Those are the only two defenses...The fact is she either didn't do her job, or she did do her job and she's now afraid to tell the truth.” - Newt Gingrich
That's just a small part of what Newt had to say about this matter. Go hereto hear more...Poor Nancy.**
"This is an important step in a landmark consumer protection initiative. This legislation will protect Chicago's children and send a clear message to other jurisdictions considering similar legislation."
- BPA, or bisphenol A, is used to harden plastics in many consumer products...The Chicago City Council passed legislation banning the sale of baby bottles and sippy cups containing the chemical BPA; Mayor Daley will sign it into law.
**The U.S. Food & Drug Administration has determined BPA is safe, as has the rest of the world:
"The new Chicago law is contrary to the global consensus on the safety of BPA and ignores the expert evaluations of scientists and government bodies from around the world." - American Chemistry Council
But Chicago is "doing it for the children."...Isn't that nice?
Maybe someday Dick Daley will get around to doing something meaningful to help Chicago children: So far in the 2008-2009 school year, 36 children have been murdered in Chicago...Yet Dick and his pals in the Democrat-dominated ChiTown legislature find it more important to ban perfectly good baby bottles instead of cracking down on murderers.
Hmmm?!?!? Makes perfectly good sense, I guess...Perfectly good sense in Looney Tune Liberalville, that is.**
"The first couple took full advantage of the cool spring night. After a date night out on Saturday evening, President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama decided to take a stroll when their motorcade arrived back at the White House." **WOW! It seems like the only thing we get from the media these days is rip-jobs on Bush and fluff-pieces on Barack...Makes me believe a Russian proverb is true:
“V Pravdye nye izvestia, v Izvestia nye pravda" = "There’s no news in The Truth and no truth in The News!”
Sadly, this is the state of the modern American media, where there is no such thing as journalism or real news. There is only a giant Liberal PR machine.
"Whereas a journalist seeks the truth, a PR person may be called upon to disguise it or even to advance an untruth.” - Barbara Ehrenreich**
"Americans do want to pay taxes for services. Americans are looking for more government in their life, not less."
**General Powell must be working very hard to earn a spot in the '2009 Top 20 Liberal Jackass Quotes of the Year'...This moronic statement will give him a good shot.
Of course there are Americans who want "more government," but these Americans sure as hell aren't planning on paying "taxes for services."...They are the country's dirt bags who pay little or no taxes, of which we have far too many.
Most of the American population, however, don't want to pay more for anything. They simply want to be left alone, to be able to keep as much of their hard earned money to do what they please with, and would rather the government find a way to lessen the number of people "looking for more government."...Unfortunately, our current government is doing just the opposite, and is doing its best to increase the number of those depending on it.
Are they doing this to help the people? Hell no! They are doing it to increase their domination over the people who are dependent on them.**
"Barack Obama is a truly flabbergasting President. And in a good way - not the way some of his predecessors were. He's not flabberghastly."
**I think this so-called journalist putz had an Obama-gasm!
How does the media look itself in the mirror and claim it is providing truth, news, and reasoned journalism? It was bad during the election, but seems to be getting worse...Maybe it's because they've gone from being Obama's 'Cheering Squad' to Obama's 'Propaganda Wing.'
Either way the media is making me sick, and is becoming unwatchable/unreadable...The ever dropping TV ratings and newspaper subscriptions seem to point to the fact that I'm not alone in my opinion.**
Energy Secretary Steven Chu (Energy Tax Proponent)
- Answer to the question:"Last September you made a statement that somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe, which at the time exceeded $8.00 a gallon...Doesn't that sound a little bit silly in retrospect for you to say that."
**Of course it sounds "silly." The sad thing is although the above question is telling, it isn't the important question to ask. The important questions to ask are: "Even though you said it was silly to raise gas to over $8.00 a gallon, do you still think it would be a good idea to do so, and do you intend on making policy which will force it to be so?
As nuts as it may sound, I'm afraid Mr. Chu's answer to both would again be "yes."**
"The Europeans have had two... maybe three, fine failures in their application of 'cap & trade.'...Nobody, nobody in this country realizes that 'cap & trade' is a tax, and it's a great big one."
**1. I want to thank Rep. Dingell for telling the truth...It is beyond rare for a Liberal, like Dingell, to tell the truth; especially when it goes against a Liberal cause.
2. Dingell is mistaken if he really believes "nobody...realizes 'cap & trade' is a tax." Everyone who knows what 'cap & trade' is knows it is a tax. Even Liberals know it is a tax, they just don't want to admit it is a tax...What Liberals are counting on is most Americans not taking the time and effort to look into what 'cap & trade' is.
3. What happened to Obama's pledge not to raise any taxes on people making less than $250,000? Every American will use energy or buy products which require the use of energy, which will be taxed, which will increase the cost of everything...Only a complete idiot would see this as anything other than a tax.
4. Not only is 'cap & trade' a "great big" tax, it is also a job killer...Which will mostly hurt those making under $250,000.
5. Obama and the Dems made this one of the centerpieces of the election, yet most Americans who voted for them didn't pay attention to the not-so-fine-print...I wonder how long it's going to take people who voted for these clowns (or refused to vote for McCain) to get the gist of how much damage they've done by allowing this group of Liberals to run roughshod over our country?
If you don't know why Dingell's quote isn't in the normal red coloring, feel free to ask.**
TRUMPISM "[D]efined as secure borders, economic nationalism, interests-based foreign policy, and above all judging every government action through a single lens: does this help or harm Americans." - Journal of American Greatness
THIS DAY IN HISTORY
1994 - Physicists at the U.S. Department of Energy's Fermin National Accelerator Laboratory discovered the subatomic particle called the top quark.
It’s a slow day, so why not.
If you understand it, please feel free to enlighten me
MEDAL OF HONOR RECIPIENT
Landsman Louis G. Chaput
Rank and organization: Landsman, U.S. Navy. Born: 1845, Canada. Accredited to: New York. G.O. No.: 45, 31 December 1864.
Citation: On board the U.S.S. Lackawanna during successful attacks against Fort Morgan, rebel gunboats and the rebel ram Tennessee in Mobile Bay, 5 August 1864. Severely wounded, Chaput remained at his gun until relieved, reported to the surgeon and returned to his gun until the action was over. He was then carried below following the action which resulted in the capture of the prize ram Tennessee and in destruction of batteries at Fort Morgan.